On Preventing Burnout…
A few of you asked a general question: HOW do you prevent burnout? The real question is, HOW do we stay INSPIRED? (PS these are things I remind MYSELF, so I wanted to share) ♥ ♥ ♥
- Take a few moments each morning to count your blessings (some of mine are hard to miss when they POUNCE on the bed) 😉
- Breathe deeper and slow down–the less frantic you are, the more zen and connected you can feel to your world
- Try something new each day. Even if it is brushing your teeth with your other hand. See what might happen. (I have been LOVING the Zumba classes I do on the Wii system–never thought I would like it, yet my body is really enjoying it)
- Really thank your horses for allowing you to interact with them, especially riding them…It is an HONOR to be able to do what we do with these magnificent creatures.
- Allow yourself to DREAM BIG. Write down some goals. Whether they be the most outrageous things you can think of…or simply something you think is possible for that month. Just WRITE IT DOWN. If you forget about it later on, you can look back and think about how much closer you are to those dreams. It might really surprise you.
- Take care of yourself first. Think about what your body might want in order to THRIVE. I started eating in a more “primal” way and my body is SO happy. Each body will tell us if you get quiet enough to listen. Experiment on a menu. Just scan and allow your heart to guide you to what your body needs.
- Take time to just sit outside. Even if it is for 5 minutes. Connect with nature without any agenda. Let it revive you. (Beware…the horses might come and just stare at you) 😉
- Ask for clarity before you go to bed. Allow yourself to KNOW that solutions will arrive when you wake. Remember to give up the “how” of things and just allow the answers to flow.
- Ride more. Even if you just get on and walk around without any agenda. Your horse might be surprised by how little you ask of him/her and show you some pretty wonderful things.
- Reach out to friends and others who inspire you. Give them a call or write them a letter to tell them what they mean to you. It may spark some more fun things within yourself to “get going.”
These are the first 10 things that just popped in from my heart to yours. Enjoy! Enjoy your inspired rides, everyone! Keep yourselves open to limitless possibilities. You never know where it might lead.
Feel free to contact me if you have questions about this and/or any other horse related topics. Life and horses really do intertwine, more than we realize.
Upcoming Event… Saturday, May 18th
A few of my students will be riding in this, perhaps even myself.
Feel free to contact me if you would like to ride or come out to watch!
Location: Wise Acres:
2181 Hwy 304 Smithville, TX 78957
On a SIDE NOTE: 😉
We all know what our horses like to eat…many horse owners will focus more on what is the best nutrition for their horses and not think too much about what they (humans) use for fuel…. What if you REALLY thought about the way you ate? Wouldn’t it be so nice to have more energy for yourself and your horses? This just came up one morning when my student got tired after ten minutes in her lesson….I asked what she had for breakfast….she only had chocolate milk….
I encourage all of my students to have a bit of protein before riding…I often like to eat an apple mid-day…it gives me a nice boost (supposedly it gives as much energy as once cup of coffee)
:-) Please take care of YOU first….I am sure your horses will be happier….♥