Have you ever felt the breath of a horse blow into your ear?
Did you get the chills or at least smile a little?
That’s the feeling I’d love for you to cultivate when it comes to your horse time.
Those little moments that can so often be overlooked when you’re rushing about.
I want to encourage you to slow down, trust your intuition, and listen to your horse.
There is magic in this way of being.
Inspired Riding®: A unique system for Heart-Based Equestrians
As an Inspired Rider, you are encouraged to follow your heart, your intuition, and be receptive to what your horse needs in each moment.
The process of becoming an Inspired Rider is simple, but not easy. It’s about developing a state of awareness that allows you to understand what is going on with yourself and your horse at the same time.
Within this system, you will become more confident in understanding how to assist your horse, so you may become the ultimate dance partners for each other.
I truly believe that most horses have incredibly generous hearts and absolutely love to show us what it’s like to move like them.
As you will see below, not only am I an insatiable learner, I've also had a ton of life experience.
I've discovered ways to help those who have a burning desire for changes to occur in their lives.
I'm also known as a 'Change Instigator'. Don't be scared though...
I deeply understand how challenging change can be. I'm here to support you, one stride at a time.
May the horse be with you. Always.
-Beth Lauren Parrish
PS Below you can read the full bio/story... and if you're intrigued, be sure to check out my book: Your Horse Believes in You
Beth Lauren Parrish is a CHA Certified Level 3 Instructor in both English and Western disciplines as well as a Level 1 Equestrian Tai Chi Instructor.
She is also certified as a Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT®) Practitioner, (unique form of hypnotherapy) so she can enhance her clients' transformations rapidly and profoundly.
She has taught thousands of lessons for the past 22 years and started riding in 1986.
After obtaining a BA in International Studies, from UNC Chapel Hill, Beth decided to become a full-time instructor after falling in love with teaching at a summer camp in Maine. Beth maintained a client base of 30 students, in the middle of New York City at the Chelsea Piers.
She then established riding schools in Southern California and Austin, Texas. She now lives and teaches south of Atlanta, Georgia, in a horse friendly town called Locust Grove.
- Started riding lessons in 1986 on Long Island, NY
- Rode from age 8-college in regular lessons 1-2 times per week, daily in the summer
- Started teaching riding in 2000 at a summer camp in Poland, Maine
- Taught in NYC at the Chelsea Piers from Sept 2000-June 2001 and had 30+ students
- Assistant trainer in Granite Bay, California: Helped retrain racehorses and taught the beginner program
- Broke arm, had metal plate installed: Beginning of the Bionic Woman Saga
- Moved with two horses to Southern California and started my own riding school (Altadena, Tujunga, Lakeview Terrace, and Santa Clarita)
- 2005: Became Certified with CHA (Certified Horseman's Association) at Level 3 for both English and Western
- Owner of Successful Riding Schools and Mobile Trainer from 2003-2009 in California
- 2009: Married the amazing Charlie Parrish and then moved to Austin, Texas area and started Inspired Riding®
- Worked with all kinds of riders, as they enjoyed connecting with their horses and found great success at local shows
- Lived on a ten acre property for 5 years in Smithville, TX until a fire took the property
- Moved to Leander, TX and worked out of two boarding facilities
- Became Certified as an Equine Specialist for Natural Lifemanship (Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Program) and worked with two therapists and their clients
- Started riding and doing clinics with my most sensitive thoroughbred (Indy) and we were doing amazingly well... until one day he spooked, bucked, and I had to have surgery on my knee
- 2017: Decided to move to Atlanta, GA area so my husband could get more work (stunt coordinator for film/television) while I was recovering
- Found a lovely home on 4.4 acres south of Atlanta, got the horses here, and 6 months after the knee surgery, slipped in the house and broke my femur on the same leg (3rd piece of metal: 9 inch plate in femur) Bionic Woman Complete
- Finally got back to riding 14 months after the knee surgery, started teaching local clients again... and then discovered my stomach was 90% in my chest. Hiatal Hernia surgery (Surgery #5 ... also had a hysterectomy right after the fire)
- Online remote teaching has taken off and I love sharing my knowledge around the world
- August 2020, Launched the Believe in Your Magic Program
- Jan. 2021, became certified as a Level 1 Equestrian Tai Chi Riding Instructor.
- October 2021, Launched the Focus App for iPhones & Androids
- January 2021, Launched BITS: Brave in the Saddle Program
- May, 2022 became certified as a Rapid Transformational Therapy® Practitioner (Hypnotherapy created by Marisa Peer)
- December 2022, Published her book: "Your Horse Believes In You"
Whoosh... there you go! 5 surgeries, 1 fire, and over 34 years of riding, 22 years of teaching... I've been through it. I can help you through it.
You are powerful.
I believe in you.
Your horse does too.